LIVONIA, Mich. – The newly founded Madonna University women's lacrosse program will hold its inaugural prospect day on June 12 at the Madonna Athletic Complex, head coach Dan Teskey announced on Wednesday (April 20). The prospect day will run from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and is open to all high school students. The cost of the event is $25.00 – goalies are free.
The Madonna Athletic Complex is located at 15090 Newburgh Rd., Livonia 48152.
The goal of prospect day is to provide prospective student-athletes with a glimpse into the lives of college lacrosse players both on-and-off the field. This opportunity is for current sophomores, juniors and seniors (2017s, 2018s, and 2019s), as well as uncommitted class of 2016 student-athletes.
Interested high school student-athletes are asked to register today because the event is capped by position to ensure each participant has adequate instruction and attention.
The event will open with on-site check-in from 10 – 10:30 a.m. at the Madonna Athletic Complex before the prospects engage in a practice from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The two-hour practice session will consist of stretching and footwork technique, individual skill development by position, positional drills and team offensive/defensive concepts.
After practice, attendees will have lunch while MU's administration and coaching staff provide an overview of what it takes to succeed as a college student-athlete.
The day will wrap up with a scrimmage from 2:15 – 3:50 p.m. on MU's turf field.
Registration for the prospect day event can be found by following this link. If there are any questions surrounding the event or Madonna University women's lacrosse, please contact head coach Dan Teskey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-762-6314.
#BeACrusader | #CrusaderNation
- Check-in at Madonna Athletic Complex and Opening Remarks
- Madonna Lacrosse Practice
- Stretching, footwork, light conditioning
- Individual skill development by position
- Positional drills
- Team offensive and defensive concepts
- Lunch and Recruiting Seminar
- Lunch (provide your own)
- Overview of life as a college student-athlete
- Recruiting seminar led by Madonna Women's Coach – Dan Teskey
- Scrimmage (NCAA Rules)
- Day-in-Review and Closing Remarks
- Players/parents are welcome to stay after and talk more with the coaching staff
WHAT TO BRING
- Mouth Piece
- Molded Cleats, Sneakers, and/or Turf Shoe
- Water Bottle
- Lunch (provide your own)
$25/player (Goalies are free)
- If weather conditions prohibit the prospect day, we will reschedule for a later date. Refunds will not be provided due to personal scheduling conflicts.
- Players/parents are welcome to film during the scrimmage portion of the day.
- Players will be asked to sign a waiver form the day of in order to participate. The waiver form can be provided beforehand if requested.
THE MADONNA ATHLETIC COMPLEX -- HOME OF CRUSADER BASEBALL, LACROSSE, SOCCER AND SOFTBALL
CONNECT WITH THE CRUSADERS: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW: Text & Email Alerts
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APPS: iOS (iPhone/iPad) | Android
DOWNLOAD TEAM SCHEDULES: Download Center